Avid Media Composer Workshop
Name of lecturer(s)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students will learn the basics about the AVID - editing software.
They will find out how to work in avid and how to make the software maximum personal, which is good for spending time on technical stuff and getting focused only on creative editing.
Mode of study
Prerequisites and co-requisites
No specical skills expected, just be on time and ready to learn something new.
- Shortly the diference between AVID and FCP
- Set up your AVID project
- Personal profile set up and useful shortcuts
- Timeline set up
- Importing footage to AVID project (mxf files, ama files)
- Exporting to basic most common formats
- Transfering project and the path to autosave files
- Editing in avid, use of bins and windows
- Orientation in the project
- Basic effects, where to find them and what are they good for
Recommended or required reading
Assessment methods and criteria
The lecturer assess students participation and work in course of the module.
Lecturer: Dimitrios Polyzos
Students bring their own laptop with avid media composer free and fully-working trial version (working 30 days).
Schedule for winter semester 2020/2021:
|Date||Day||Time||Tutor||Location||Notes||No. of paralel|
Schedule for summer semester 2020/2021:
The schedule has not yet been prepared